Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5/12/09 Casey IL

5/12/2009 Casey IL 52 warming to 70 as the day went on and we went on.

Boring day, but nice weather and not much stress on the interstates. Angled northeast from Hardy through the SE corner of Missouri to I-57. I-57 is a lousy road on the Missouri side close to the Mississippi - patches on patches. The Illinois side is better.

We just angled up I-57 to I-70 and then 30 more miles on I-70 to Casey and settled in at the local KOA.

Our daughter did a year of grad school here at Eastern Illinois U, which caused us to come here, to this KOA, and we've stopped here several times since. We always go to Richard's Farm Restaurant, quite close to the KOA, because we took our daughter and a group of her friends to dinner here once. The food was good then and is good now. We enjoyed ourselves and came back to settle in.

There is wifi in the park but it must connect to the rest of the world by pigeon. Migawd for slow. Gotta be a phone line & modem link. Still, I'll get some of these notes out and let the world know we're living still.

We'll arrive at my brother's house in Michigan tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment